Today I celebrate 6 months of having this blog. I can't stress enough how much it has changed my life. Getting up every morning- nearly- and dedicating that one very special hour of my time to researching, writing and communicating with other lovely bloggers. Discovering London in a way that I never thought I could, just because I have my camera and my notepad on hand and I have to, I just have to, keep feeding into my oh so cherished London journal. It's been a valuable part of my daily routine, and London is all the more special to my eyes because of this blog.
So with this in mind I would also like to hand out a couple blog awards, since it leads nowhere to pat yourself on the shoulder. Or it does, but only for so long. Here is a Top 5 list of a few of my favourite daily reads from my fellow British bloggers. These ladies have caught my eye, simply by telling their story, or by sharing anecdotes from their lives. Some of them also venture out in London and inspire me to keep my eyes peeled for hidden corners and little charms off the beaten track.
- Wee Birdy- by bringing London to life on the "page" with her quirky words and her colourful photographs
- The Bottom of the Ironing Basket- for sharing her talented sense of aesthetics, poetic life approach and gorgeous photographs with us.
- A Rose Beyond the Thames- for bringing the "daily read" to the next level, by discussing anecdotal and bigger issues and always letting her lively voice shine through.
- Metropolitan Mum- for giving us a glimpse into the fabulous family life of Little L., Big M and MM, from the wee events in a child's life and the trials of tribulations of being a mom to just being a woman in a fun metropolitan city like London.
- Glitterball- for spicing up my reading portfolio in the morning through her love of fashion, home decor and people and simply by being her lively, bubbly self.