Friday 5 February 2010

Catch of the Day

Next on my list: set off on an adventure so kooky, no one will want to go along with me. I'm talking about an adventure so fishy, I'll stink up my flat, my fingers, my skin and my hair for days on end and no one will want to kiss me or come anywhere near me. Any takers? Maybe not quite yet...I'm talking about going on a Fish-cooking course, at the Billingsgate Seafood Training School.


If you're passionate about food and cooking, and you sit on your bumm at night watching Jamie Oliver cook miraculously easy dishes right before eyes on your telly, but never dare to bother trying them out on your own...and you need a little push, this is the place for you. Now, if you're into fish, you're thinking about including more fish into your diet, and believe fish oils and omega 3s will protect you against some types of cancer, or if you just plain love fish dishes, this is the place for you. If you're looking for a little fun and adventure in your life, this is THE place for you. How about now? Are you joining me yet?


The Billingsgate Seafood Training School, located at Billingsgate Fish Market right off Canary Wharf, offers 3 to 5 hour classes on weeknights and Saturdays from £80-165 depending on the time, depth and resources used for the class you're attending. You'll learn great things and skills from cleaning and cutting the fish open, which utensils to use for different types of fish and shellfish, to delicious and original recipes to take home with you. You'll also have the pleasure of enjoying one of the dishes you prepared for lunch or dinner, like this amazing looking fish pie (this is Britain after all).


If you ask me, it sounds like the perfect London-style evening or Saturday activity. Your Valentine may even fancy a fishy romance with his or her plus one. Wink. Think about it.

5 comments:

  1. This would be my husband's idea of heaven, seriously!! What a fun thing to do, I must remember it.

    That fish pie looks fab :)

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, that fish pie looks great!
    A friend of mine is doing a cooking course (not at Billingsgate fish market) and was telling me all about it the other day. Hers sounded a lot more serious and stressful.... while this sounds like a lot of fun!

    Good on you!
    Have a great weekend.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds delicious! If I could, I would join you for a cooking class. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh. Ooooh. Oooooooh. That's absolutely my idea of heaven. 'Winke winke' with the fin. xx MM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simone: you should definitely take him, he'd love it I'm sure, it's a total man's man activity too:)

    Marina: yes I'v heard great things about it as well...I'm planning on taking my boyfriend there at some point.

    JMW: thank you, that means so much to me:)

    Met Mum: I know! its such a great idea! Winke winke little L.! xxx LZ

    ReplyDelete